My name is Christine and I love stories. Simple, right? I love listening to stories, digging for stories, and finding stories where you think there may not be one.
You’re here, so you probably want to know something about StoryCraft and what I’m doing.
StoryCraft is a project to help you find and tell your story. It could be a personal story, a professional story, or even an academic story. I believe that anything can be told in story form.
How will we work together?
You’re going to need to know something about story structure, so we’ll start there. Then you’ll start adding the details that make a story work: an amazing first line, details that bring it to life, and a memorable closing. Of course, there’s a lot of work involved. Don’t worry, we’ll do it together.
Rather do a workshop?
No problem. In a StoryCraft workshop, you’ll get active, use your imagination, laugh, and learn. You’ll get a workshop that’s personalized for your organization or group’s needs and interests. Afterwards, you’ll be energized and inspired to keep telling stories.
Am I qualified?
You bet. Aside from being an incurable bookworm, I’ve got an academic background and teaching experience that equip me to work effectively and interactively with you.
What does that look like?
A BA in Comparative Literature and German Language and Literature and an MA in Cultural Analysis to get started. I also have a CELTA qualification for teaching English and experience teaching outdoor education and leading team building activities. I taught for five years at a business school. There, I designed and taught courses in English, intercultural awareness, negotiation skills, and Dutch culture, politics, and history.
And the personal stuff?
Originally from the United States, I have an international background and have lived abroad for more than 25 years. I moved from Nijmegen, The Netherlands to Edmonton, Alberta, Canada in summer 2021. Aside from reading, I love to travel, cook, and make stuff. I'm married and have two kids.
Want to know more?
Get in touch! You can email me at email@example.com. I’d love to hear from you!
Also featured in
- Resilient Expats Podcast (June 2021): Craft your story with purpose, interview with expat coach Kim Adams
- Coffee Talk with Britta (May 2021): A conversation about stories with public speaking coach Britta Wenske
- Learner Journeys Podcast (May 2021): Interview with author and intercultural trainer Bastian Küntzel
- SIETAR EU Journal (March 2021): Between the World and Me review
- Storytelling & Antiracism (February 2021): SIETAR EU Anti-racism Learning Series webinar
- SIETAR EU Journal (December 2020): White Fragility review
- Kletsheads (December 2020): Books about bilingual children
- Maryland Institute College of Art (November 2020): Speaking Nearby Reclaiming Narratives
- The Bookcast Club (September 2020): My Life in Books
- Radboud Magazine (September 2020): ‘Altijd het gevoel anders te zijn’ interviewee (in Dutch)
- Arnhem Together (May 2020): Introduction for film premier of "Women"
- SIETAR EU Congress (May 2019): Once Upon an Intercultural Lesson: Lessons in Story Structure